Section 23.05 PLANNING COMMISSION
A. Creation and Membership
The Planning Commission shall consist of five members. These include the Mayor, one member of the Village Council to be elected thereby for the remainder of the term on the Village Council, and three citizens of the Village to be appointed by the Mayor for terms of six years each, except that the term of one of the members of the first Commission shall be for four years and one for two years. Each member shall serve until a qualified successor is appointed. All such members shall serve without compensation. Members of the Commission may be removed from office by the Mayor, upon affirmation by the Council, for cause upon written charges and after public hearing. Vacancies shall be filled by appointment by the Mayor and confirmation by the Council for the unexpired term of the member affected.
The Village Council may appoint two alternate members to the Planning Commission, for terms to be determined by the Village Council. An alternate member shall take the place of an absent member or an abstaining member at any meeting of the Planning Commission. An alternate member shall meet the same appointment criteria as a regular member. The alternate member shall have the authority to exercise all voting privileges given to the regular members.
B. Planning Commission Proceedings
The Commission shall adopt rules necessary to the conduct of its affairs in keeping with the provisions of this Ordinance. An annual organizational meeting shall be held each year in the month of January. Commission meetings shall be held at the call of the chair and at such other times as the Commission may determine. All meetings shall be open to the public. The Commission shall keep minutes of its proceedings, showing the vote of each member upon each question, or if absent or failing to vote, indicating such fact, and shall keep records of its examinations and other official actions, all of which shall be a public record and be immediately filed in the Clerk’s office.
At the first meeting of each year, the Commission shall elect a Chairman and Vice-Chairman from among its members. Meetings of the Commission shall be at the call of the Chairman and at such other times as the Commission may determine.
C. Commission Duties
For the purpose of this Ordinance, the Commission shall have the following duties:
1. Recommend the proposed Zoning Ordinance and the Official Zoning Map to the Council for formal adoption.
2. Initiate advisable Official Zoning Map changes, or changes in the text of this Ordinance, where same will promote the best interest of the public in general through recommendation to the Council.
3. Review all proposed amendments to this Ordinance and the Official Zoning Map and make recommendations to the Council as specified in this Ordinance.
4. Review all required site plans and special use applications.
5. Review all Planned Unit Development applications and make recommendations to the Council as provided in this Ordinance.
6. Carry on a continuous review of the effectiveness and appropriateness of this Ordinance and recommend such changes or amendments as it feels would be appropriate.
7. The Commission shall make recommendation to Council to control the structure and location of buildings, and create zones of varying property uses pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 713.02 - 713.12.
8. The Planning Commission shall be responsible for formulation and recommendation of a Master Plan to Council for the physical development of the City, in accordance with ORC Section 713.02.
150 East Pike Street
Morrow, Ohio 45152
Fax (513) 899-3170
Fax (513) 899-6518
Dispatch (513) 695-2525
Please click on the "Departments" tab, then on the "Public Affairs" tab for news and information on the following items: